David G Clarke, OD
- Woodrow Wilson High School Graduate, 1979
- Attended West Virginia University, 1979-1982
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry, 1982-1986, Doctor of Optometry, Bachelor of Science
- Externship VA Medical Center, Huntington, WV1985
- Externship, Ronald Frame, OD Parkersburg, WV 1985
- Member of the American Optometric Association since 1982
My father, William W. Clarke, OD was a 1959 graduate of the Southern College of Optometry. He began practice in Beckley, WV in 1961, assuming the practice of Joe Winner, OD who was retiring. He continued in solo private practice in downtown Beckley at 3171/2 Neville St. In 1976 with the expansion of optometry, he recieved additional training in pharmacology and pathology at the Pennsylvania College of Optometry. The practice moved to its current location, a state of the art free standing building at 215 N Kanawha St. in 1985.
Upon graduation from Pennsylvania College of Optometry, now known as Salus University, I joined my father in practice. I am certified to practice the full scope of optometry as defined by law. My interests include primary care, pediatrics, eye disease, refractive surgery, and contact lenses.